Objectives of – ESDO:
OBJECTIVES OF ESDO:
- Take active part in global climate regime to mitigate the consequences of global climate change.
- Develop awareness on climate change consequences and natural resource management.
- Train and educate people to develop eco-friendly culture.
- Develop leadership skills and active participation of women in State’s mainstream processes.
- Work for socio-economic empowerment of women, eliminate violation against women.
- Train and educate people for hygienic sanitation and practices.
- Uplift the socio-economic status of the peoples that lies around the poverty line.
- Assist diversify livelihood of natural resource dependant people through option of alternative IGAs.
- Response to natural disasters and arrange for rehabilitations.
- Ensure supply of safe drinking water to disadvantaged peoples.
- Ensure good health and basic education for all aged group people.
- Ensure protection of human rights, improve socio-economic condition of disabled people.
- Ensure health facilities & nutrition support for the distressed and poor people.
- Increase awareness against STD & HIV/AIDS among the target people.
- Support depressed poor women for establishing rights, safe motherhood, and minimize birth rate.
- Create opportunities of alternative incomes for depressed youth and deprived women.
- Improvethe socio-economic condition of tribal people by education, creating job opportunities, enterprise developments and bringing them to State’s mainstream process.